Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Congratulations to Connie Babbert!

Congrats to our very own Connie Babbert who was published in stampers sampler this week for this adorable card!

Rock On Operator!

Here's what Connie wrote about this cute card!

"I used one of my favorite Halloween sets, Eat, Drink & Be Scary and combined it with Good Friends. But my challenge was how to make that cute little bird scary enough for Halloween! I know! Turn him into a crow with Black Chunky Essentials Glitter for his body! I used Heat & Stick Powder adhesive so the chunky glitter would really stay on!

The hat was stamped with Black Craft and cut out. I added a band of Pumpkin Pie cardstock. And I stamped the Eat, Drink & Be Merry with Black Craft on Whisper White, and punched it with the Curly Label Punch. I also punched two black Curly Label Punch pieces and placed them behind the white one for a layered look.

The three different kinds of Designer Paper are retired from a couple years ago (still one of my favorite Halloween papers, but easy enough to replace it with other DSP). The base of the card is Pumpkin Pie. I had a blast making this card…hope you enjoy it!" Connie Babbert

Well, I think it's stinkin cute! Way to go for your accomplishment Connie!

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations Connie!!! How awesome is that?!?
    I love what you did with that cute little Bird. I may have to case that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go Connie!!! You are a stampin' superstar!!! Halloween is one of my favorite holidays. I love how you changed up an everyday set to fit the holiday. So cool!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome creation, Connie! Glad it was recognized.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats Connie!!! I just LOVE this card and I really would love to know where I get a copy of this magazine???

    ReplyDelete