Thursday, May 20, 2010

Color Inspiration: Ode to the 80's



Did y'all see Selene's "Ode to the 80's" card the other day on her blog.

It seriously had me thinking of the past. I am a HUGE fan of 80's music. The clothes are kinda scary (although they do seem to be popular again). Seriously, didn't we learn the first time that gelly shoes leave you with stinky feet? LOL!!!

Anyway, Selene's flashback to the 80's was all the inspiration I needed for this week's color challenge.

I chose Basic Black, Pink Passion, Only Orange and Green Galore. Fun, huh?



While I was flashing back to my high school years, I thought I would try a new technique too. This one is called Emerging Color.

Basically, you stamp images onto Glossy White cardstock. Ink up a stamp with Versamark ink, sprinkle on some Clear Embossing Powder and heat until melted. Use your brayer to roll a dark ink (I used Basic Black) over the entire piece of Glossy White. Use a paper towel to buff the image.

Easy peasy!!!!!

It's hard to see in this photo, but the Basic Black cardstock is spritzed with Vanilla Shimmer Smooch Spritz. It's oh so shimmery!!!!!

Well, even if you're not a child of the 80's, it sure is fun to act like one!!!! Go ahead and "make my day" because if you take the challenge, your project is going to "look awesome.....totally". Sorry....couldn't resist the 80's talk!!!! LOL!!!

Just make sure you leave a comment on this post with a link to your project. We'd love to check it out!!!!

Card Recipe
stamps: Vintage Vogue, Teeny Tiny Wishes
paper: Pink Passion, Basic Black, Green Galore, Only Orange, Glossy White
ink: Pink Passion, Only Orange, Green Galore, Basic Black, Versamark
accessories: brayer, clear embossing powder, Photo Corner punch, Vanilla Shimmer Smooch Spritz, 5/16" Neutral Brads, 1" circle punch, Modern Label punch, Word Window punch

3 comments:

  1. 80's: how about Cyndi Lauper "TIME AFTER TIME" or perhaps Bangles "MANIC MONDAY" while you craft a card?? gotta smile! R ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just loved the color combination. Definitely a reminder of the 80's. I chose to make some colorful butterflies against a stone washed sky.

    ReplyDelete