Thursday, July 22, 2010

Color Inspiration #133




Hey everyone! It feels so good to be back after a 2 week road trip to the east coast.

While I was visiting family and friends in New York, my friends Jenn Turoff (in red) and Selene Kempton (in green) cooked up a BIG surprise with my husband. You see, I had a stamping afternoon planned with Jenn, but Selene made a 3 1/2 hour roadtrip to visit me!!! I was SO surprised to see her!! Everyone said they should've taped my reaction to seeing her!!!

We stamped and chit chatted for hours! What fun!!!

Let's get started with this week's Color Challenge.

I chose Not Quite Navy, Baja Breeze and Crumb Cake.

This combination is so peaceful.

Of course, I used some new goodies to make a card using the color combination.

The base card is Not Quite Navy.

The patterned paper is from the Elegant Soiree designer series paper pack.

The focal image used one of my favorite new stamp sets called Aviary. I just adore this little owl. He is stamped in Chocolate Chip ink. The bird cage is stamped in Baja Breeze ink. The edges of the cardstock are sponged lightly with Chocolate Chip ink. I also used my Color Spritzer Tool and a Chocolate Chip marker to add some subtle spattering. This layer is matted on some Crumb Cake cardstock.


I also used used a brand new border punch on this card (using Crumb Cake cardstock). It's called Dotted Ribbon Scallop Border punch. I love how it creates a paper ribbon! I placed it atop a strip of Baja Breeze cardstock to make an interesting treatment on the card.

The sentiment (from Fabulous Phrases) is inked with Chocolate Chip ink onto Whisper White cardstock. I punched it with the Small Oval punch, sponged the edges and added it to my card.

Very simple.....but also very cute!!!

Are you ready to try this color challenge? I sure hope so!!! Leave a comment on this post with a link to your project so we can all "ooooh and ahhhh" over it, okay?

Until next time....Happy Stamping everyone!

Card Recipe
stamps: Aviary, Fabulous Phrases
paper: Not Quite Navy, Baja Breeze, Crumb Cake, Whisper White, Elegant Soiree dsp
ink: Baja Breeze, Chocolate Chip
accessories: Dotted Ribbon Scallop border punch, Small Oval punch, Color Spritzer Tool, Chocolate Chip marker, Pumpkin Pie marker, sponges


5 comments:

  1. Such a peaceful combination! Can't wait to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Jenny. So peaceful feeling. Don't see the link however.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what a GREAT site!
    I recently took a class with Theresa Greenwood (know her?) about card making and paper arts. Every one made beautiful cards! She recommended this site for ideas and challenges. I would send in pictures of my cards but I'm still fumbling over my new digital camera. I hope to show you my creations some day.
    Bravo and keep up the good work!
    ~ Memoe

    ReplyDelete
  4. These colors are so perfect together. Thanks for a great challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for doing both color and sketch challenges. I am having so much fun with them!

    ReplyDelete