Friday, July 2, 2010

Saturday Sketch challenge 158

Happy Friday! First and foremost, welcome back Tiffany! We missed you girl and are all so happy that Jordan is doing much better.

I scheduled this post to go a little bit early. I'm going to be in the mountains this weekend for some much needed rest. I am astounded to find out that 5 of your 8 operators will be sailing to Alaska with Stampin' Up! Congratulations on your accomplishments ladies!

The operators who earned the trip, in no particular order, are Tiffany, Robin, Selene, Lee and Connie! I know that they have all worked so hard, so a big congratulations to all of them!

As a funny side note, I just emailed all the girls and asked if they called one another... THREE of them used the same stamp set, but all in a different way... So fun!!

We have a really clean and simple sketch for you this week! Robin is on top of the pile this week, with TWO fantastic samples for you. I'm going to guess at the measurements here... :) Love that!

Does the thought of cutting your card stock using measurements baffle you? Well, you can check out the most awesome post on how to read a ruler written by the very lovely and talented Lee Conrey, by clicking here.

Base: Old olive 8 1/2" x 5 1/2" scored and folded in half at 4 1/4"
Layer 2: Daffodil Delight 4 x 5 1/4"
Layer 3: Old olive 3 1/4 x 2 1/4"
Layer 4: Basic Black 3 1/8 x 2 1/8"
Layer 5: Whisper white: 3x2"

Way cool Creation Robin! So pretty with that vintage tag! Now... if you'd like to see details on each of the operator cards, just click on the pictures below to be transported to their post.. Forgive them if they are not up yet, I posted this a little early. :)

Robin Merriman




Gretchen Barron





Kerin Sylvester





Tiffany Bauer






Selene Kempton






Connie Babbert





Lee Conrey





Patti Chesky

Now, it's your turn!!!

Never played with us before?? Well, it's easy! Sky's the limit! Use this sketch to inspire you and let your imagination go wild! (well ~ keep it clean, this is a family show after all).
  1. Make a card
  2. Post it online somewhere to your blog or other online forum
  3. Post a link to the free linky tool below (please point the link to your post and NOT just your blog)
  4. Have some fun and leave comments for each other (and for the operators if you like their work). ~ Everyone loves comments!
We hope you join us this week and play along with this sketch! But don't delay our links will close at 8AM on Thursday morning EST.


14 comments:

  1. I couldn't get my whole card to post, must be a brain fart. It's not nearly as nice as the DT's! Great job everyone :-)
    ~Paula

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't get the link to work at all. I'm putting the address to my page in and it just isn't working. Any advice?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got it to work......I think, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great sketch and wonderful cards. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow the DT did an awesome job representing the sketch. I had a wonderful time making my card, and thanks for choosing my card with the motorcycle on it to hightlight as DT pick. It sure makes me feel good as I love making cards and hope people enjoy them as much as I enjoy making.

    ReplyDelete
  6. G'day gang, Thanks for another great sketch challenge. Your samples are soooooo lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I enjoy visiting this site every week and was glad to have time to participate this time. Your card samples are always an inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  8. those cards of the dt-team are awesome...
    very cool and very stylish!

    thanx for your fantastic challenge-blog!

    love your clean sketches which give so much opportunities!

    xoxo silvi (germany)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I must say, the samples from the DT are amazing! My mind is boggled!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous DT samples ... and a fabulous sketch!

    Thanks so much for a fun challenge, Ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great sketch and wonderful samples. I sure needed the inspiration.
    Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice work all around everyone ... these blogs are so inspirational!

    ReplyDelete
  13. these cards offer great ideas and creativity to anyone who wants to make themselves useful, these things are inexpensive to make and mean a lot to anyone whom you gift too, i loved looking at your blog

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's not often I can say this but I loved all the DT cards. WTG Ladies!!

    ReplyDelete