Thursday, October 7, 2010

Color Inspiration #141



As I was creating the color challenge image in My Digital Studio, it hit me that these colors look like a roll of Lifesavers. So funny! I haven't had a Lifesaver in ages!!!!



All week, I've been busily creating lots of fun Fall and Christmas items for a craft show I am working at this weekend. So, I knew I wanted to use some fun colors that I haven't been playing with all week.

This week's color challenge is Poppy Parade, Daffodil Delight, Pear Pizzazz and Peach Parfait.

These colors can be found in the Sunny Garden dsp pack!!! So, my design process started with finding two coordinating papers that I found interesting. I didn't want anything too busy as my little butterfly would've gotten lost.



My base card is Daffodil Delight.

Layer #2 is a mix of patterned papers from the Sunny Garden dsp pack. I used some of that yummy Poppy Parade Polytwill ribbon to cover the seam.

Layer #3 is Pear Pizzazz cardstock. It's matted on a slightly larger piece of Basic Black. The addition of the black really allows this card element to pop. Don't make it too wide....just a sliver is enough!!!!

The little butterflies (from Dreams duJour) are inked with Poppy Parade ink and stamped onto Whisper White cardstock. They are punched with the 1 1/4" square punch. They are matted on Daffodil Delight cardstock that's been punched with the 1 3/8" square punch.

This card is so bright and cheerful!!!! A perfect sentiment is a cute little "hello".

It's from the Tiny Tags stamp set. I inked it with my Poppy Parade and Basic Black markers. I punched it out with the Jewelry Tag punch and attached it with a mini glue dot under the knot of the ribbon. These tags are little, but they add just the perfect finishing touch to a card!

I feel so refreshed! This card is like a breath of fresh air!!! I am definitely using the Lifesaver color combo more often!

Okay, here comes the challenge part!! Are you ready to play? We'd love to see what you make with the Lifesaver combo!!!!

If you make a project, please link the URL of your project to our blog using the Linky Tool at the bottom of this post.

Until next time.....Happy Stamping everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment