Thursday, December 9, 2010

Technique Thursday - Faux Snow


I'm not sure if this "faux snow"would actually qualify as a technique but I like to make snow this way sometimes, because it's quick, easy, and includes no layering of torn paper!

Start by stamping your image above where your snow will begin, and also tear one piece of card stock or paper (longer than your card base so that you can move it around while sponging and make different snow "hills"):
Once your image is stamped, place the torn strip of card stock or paper upside down, over the stamped image, lining up with the bottom of the stamped image, and sponge the edge lightly. You can go over it to darken it up after, but you don't want to start out real dark because it's can't be undone ;) For this card I used Baja Breeze classic ink.Moving the piece of card stock or paper as desired, continue sponging the rows of "snow":
Once I finished my snow hills, I just added 2-way glue pen and Dazzling Diamonds glitter along the edges. The stamp set is called Welcome Christmas. Wondering where those trees came from for the "forest"?? It's the Christmas tree stamp from the same set, I just inked up the tree portion and skipped the family decorating it.

Would you like to give this technique a try? Add your link below, we'd love to see what you create!

No comments:

Post a Comment