Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Thrifty 3D Wednesday - Gift Card Holders

Hello! It's time for another Thrifty 3D Wednesday post from me! This time of year we are rushing around buying gifts. I know several of my family members love to get gift certificates...that way they can buy what they want and accumulate them until they have enough $ saved. I used to resist...thinking that they really wanted a gift...but finally have given in. They do seem happier AND it certainly is easier on me.

However, I do like to "present" the gift card. I try to make boxes or holders that express the fact that I did put some thought into their gift.

These fun little gift card holders are very quick and easy to make using the Two Tags die! My friend, Mary Brown, brought a birthday party one for a Make & Take at our downline meeting. I dressed it up for the holidays!




Outside measurement: 4 x 5 1/2, score at 2 1/2 & 5
Designer Paper: 2 1/4 x 3 3/4
Inside measurement: 2 1/4 x 11




Step 1

Cut outside piece of cardstock and score. Add Sticky Strip along tab edge. This forms the sleeve of the gift card holder.













Step 2.

Cut designer paper. Use 1 1/4" circle punch halfway on one end.
















Step 3

Adhere Designer Paper to front of sleeve, punch 1" circle within area of the DSP's circle to layer as shown. Set sleeve aside.










Step 4.

Fold 2 1/4 x 11 in half and place the folded edge JUST above the perforations on the top of the Two Tags Die. You do not want the folded edge to be cut by the die. Run thru the Big Shot to cut.







Step 5

Staple the folded tag closed along the top of the scallop. Decorate the front as desired. I used the Jolly Bingo Bits stamp set, along with the 1 1/4", 1 3/8" & Scallop Circle Punches. Adhere the Scallop Circle with Stampin' Dimensionals along the right side of the scallop. You want the left side of the scallop to slide over the sleeve.





Step 6

Slide folded tag inside of sleeve with Scallop overlapping. Finish decorating. I used Very Merry from Short & Sweet, punched with the Word Window and layered on the Modern Label punch.






Step 7

Shown open with Gift Card added inside folded tag piece.





That's it! Quick and easy as I promised, huh? I hope you enjoyed my Thrifty 3D Wednesday tutorial. Would love to see if you make some of these. Leave a comment with the link and I'll check it out! Thanks!


13 comments:

  1. These are adorable. Thanks for the tutorial. Going to have to make one or two for Christmas :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love thw gift card covers. Always looking for gift card ideas...

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are just darling! I think I need that Two tags die! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. TOO CUTE! Dont have that die but instructions are AWESOME to make it do.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whoo Hoo! I just bought nine gift cards, so your timing is Sa-Weeeet! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute and simple! thanks so much for sharing and for the tutorial. I think these would be so cute for birthdays too... I am thinking of the new sets coming up with the new mini/SAB. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are great! Thanks so much for the awesome idea!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the great tutorial - I just uploaded mine. I will definitely use this again.
    http://christinestamps.blogspot.com/2010/12/12-days-of-christmas-ideas-7.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a great idea and tutorial! Thanks so much for sharing - I'm using this for all of my gift cards this Christmas. Here's a link to my take on it: http://www.thepaperpixie.com/2010/12/santa-gift-card-holder.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. If you want neat and clean card so i think card holder is very helpful thank for your neat and clean card.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is adorable...thanks for the tutorial..i will try it for Gift Card envelopes as i needed.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is great with nice details. What is the difference between paper and Plastic Card Holders?

    ReplyDelete