Friday, January 21, 2011

Saturday Sketch Challenge 187

Good Evening Friends!

I'm so excited to bring you another AWESOME sketch challenge from your stamping 411 operators!

So ~ what's in a sketch challenge?? Well I personally {heart} challenges in general, because it gives those of us with empty (but creative) minds a head start by taking one of the design elements out of the equation!

If you were feeling especially challenged, you could also incorporate a second challenge, such as Kerin's bi-weekly technique challenge, or Patti's color inspiration challenge! Then, you'd be ready to fly with just a stamp set and some paper and ink, you'd be ready to jump off! What a wonderful week it's been here at stamping 411. I've seen lots of ideas I can't wait to try on my next crafting projects!

Thanks so much to those of you who play along, whether you post your card to a public forum or not, you're still playing! :D Love that!!!

Before we get really down to business, I thought you might like to see us mostly together! I didn't end up with photos of all of us, but it's so AWESOME when we are all together that I just HAD to share! So for this first photo... Here's the layout from left to right

Robin Merriman, Tiffany Bauer, Patti Chesky, Lee Conrey, and (me) Selene Kempton.
And for this one
Tiffany Bauer, Lee Conrey, Connie Babbert, Patti Chesky
and that's me on the floor (LOL) ~ Selene Kempton

These photo's were taken at manager's reception at the wildhorse saloon in Nashville. Oh and did we dance!!! I did! They had private line dancing teachers on the dance floor! So very cool. Stampin' Up spoiled us for a night on the town! I was so excited to be able to spend time with my girlfriends! God bless the internet or I may have never met some of these fine ladies! :D

Back to this post and the sketch challenge, ey? One potential set of measurements (that I did for my card on the bottom already) could be:

Base: 11 x 4 1/4", scored and folded in half at 5 1/2"
layer 2: 5 3/8" x 4 1/8" *** note: this is an extra layer, you could skip this one.. :D
Layer 3: 5 1/4" x 4"
Layer 4: 3 3/4" x 3"
Layer 5: 3 5/8" x 2 1/2"

Now, here is what the design team came up with....





Lee Conrey




Patti Chesky





Robin Merriman





Gretchen Barron





Kerin Sylvester





Tiffany Bauer





Selene Kempton

Now it's your turn :D Never played with us before?? Well, it's easy! Sky's the limit!
  1. Make a card
  2. Post it online somewhere to your blog or other online forum
  3. Post a link to the free linky tool below (please point the link to your post and NOT just your blog)
  4. Have some fun and leave comments for each other (and for the operators if you like their work). ~ Everyone loves comments!
We hope you join us this week and play along with this sketch! But don't delay our links will close at 8AM on Thursday morning Eastern Standard Time.

Have A Great Week!
Selene~

7 comments:

  1. Great sketch again girls. Love the samples & especially the pics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ladies you have out done yourselves again. Your samples are fabulous and the sketch is great! How do you come up with all of these sketch winners? Did I say that right? lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like your ladies had a great time. Thanks for sharing the photos. I love the DT samples and of course like always I had a great time playing. Great sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved the samples this week. What fabulous inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for another great sketch. You ladies always come up with something which "speaks" to me. Love the samples this week (and every week).

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's so nice to see you ladies have such a great bunch--glad to be back playing--keep the great sketches coming.

    ReplyDelete
  7. love this sketch and I had a card for it ~ shucks, missed the deadline, my little grandson is having nap and I was going to get that done! oh well, better read the fine print better! have a wonderful day ladies, love playing along!

    ReplyDelete