Thursday, July 12, 2012

Finishing touches

Hi all! 

Vicki here, thanks so much for stopping by today,
 I don't know about you but I don't consider my card done until I finish the inside. What about you? Do you always finish the inside of your cards?

I thought I would show a few of my "finished inside and out" cards to give you some ideas for finishing yours.

This is a card I did last year around Christmas time:


While making my flowers for the front, I made another to use on the inside:


I generally start with a layer of colored card stock that matches some I have used on the front. In this case it is a layer of Crumb Cake and then I layered some Confetti Cream card stock and also some embossed Cherry Cobbler. I then added a strip of crumb cake across the embossed piece.
You could just stop here, I finish alot of my cards like this, using embossed card stock or DSP that matches some I have used on the front.
 On this card I added the flower that I had made that matches the one on the front. You can stamp a message on the inside, but I always leave mine blank for writing a personal message.

Here is another front:


and inside:

I used card stock and DSP like the front and then
 I die cut a couple of extra top notes to add to inside, to mimic the design on the front.
I also stamped a flower like the one used on the front. 
Leaving plenty of room for writing a note to the recipient.

Finally one more:


and the finished inside:


I hope these will inspire you to finish your cards "inside and out".

Vicki






6 comments:

  1. Vicki -- your cards are so beautiful they take my breath away! Thanks so much for sharing your fabulous ideas! Blessings, Gretchen

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your Christmas card, it's so subtle.... just wondered what the flower was made from....the bird punch or flower punch?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love what you did to the inside of the cards and I need to keep that in mind for mine. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  4. Vicki, Thanks so much for sharing "the inside". I like to do that too but often get stuck! Your cards are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are beautiful, Vicki even without the inside being done. Thanks for your inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much for doing a post about finishing the insides of cards...I hope it will inspire others to do the same! I'm one of those who are stumped what to do with the insides but feeling a card isn't finished until the inside is pretty too. It is surprisingly hard to find very many interior ideas but maybe that will change. Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete