Friday, August 31, 2012

Saturday Sketch Challenge 271 and Important Announcement!

Good Evening Friends!

For more than three years, the operators here at Stamping 411 have been bringing you weekly sketches, color challenges, inspiration, techniques, tips tricks and more.  I think if you look around the side bar of our blog you'll agree that we have built quite a resource over the years.

In the very beginning, I thought that we could support our customers and friends more effectively together by pooling our resources and efforts, than we could as individuals.  That spurred the idea for 411 or "information" without strings, without marketing.  That original idea has become that shared resource for you and your customers (and my customers) as a go to for an online creative space to play, learn, and share.

This journey has been filled with fond memories, team work. beautiful relationships, friendship and fun.  Of course, like any journey, we hit our bumps in the road and grew as artists and individuals, always moving forward. 

Today, I'm happy to announce that we have decided to take a break.  You might ask why I am happy.  Many (not all) of the operators have had some personal challenges recently that have added so much stress to their lives. Some are having family members who are sick.  Others have had a huge shift in the time that they have to devote to 411.  As a result, it has become something that they have to do instead of the joy and "value add" in which it was intended.  I LOVE seeing people play along and I learn from you.  I really try to make the time to see what you've been up to and take the time to leave you a message that "I was there".  For some of you, I've watched you grow and develop the way that our blog has through the years.  We've grown together!  So tonight, I bid you a fond farewell.  Please don't think of it as a goodbye forever.  We ~ the operators ~ will give ourselves a little break, then re-evaluate.  We plan to leave the resource here for anyone to use and when we are ready come back, perhaps it will be in a different way.  We are taking an extended leave effective this week.  I'll still be by to leave you a comment.  Much love to you from all of your operators and from me.

Selene Kempton

If you want to leave some love for the operators at any time, here are links to their blogs.




Now.  Let's get this last party started!

This super cute sketch was done in MDS 2. The designer paper was colored using the new "recolor" method.  You can pick any designer paper and recolor it based on one monochromatic color.  Happiness! To get lots of ideas with regards to MDS, you can check out the online site for the program mydigitalstudio.net and don't forget to ask your demonstrator for help!

So ~ let's jump in!  Potential measurements for this card.
Base Layer: 8 1/2" x 4 1/4", scored and folded in half at 5 1/2"
Layer 2: for the blue section on the bottom, you can either layer something on top, or cut something off, so that the background shows through.  The operators this week showed different ways of tackling that element. :)
Layer 3: Ribbon up across the middle (maybe a 5" strip would do?)
Layer 4: a punched shape or two. 











Are you ready to play along?  We hope that you are!  Here are our rules for play.
  1. Make a card using your Stampin' Up Supplies!
  2. Post it online somewhere to your blog or other online forum
  3. Post a link to the free linky tool below (please point the link to your post and NOT just your blog).
  4. Have some fun and leave comments for each other (and for the operators if you like their work). ~ Everyone loves comments!
  5. Please note, we reserve the right to remove links with non-Stampin' Up! product, "sales pitches", links to online stores, or requests to join your team. We're here to have fun, learn from one another and share.
We hope you join us this week and play along with this sketch! I'm leaving linky open for a month because this is our last sketch till we see you again and it's the most current!  

Hugs to all of you,

Selene Kempton


20 comments:

  1. Thanks for ALL your wonderful challenges, and I pray that all the operators enjoy their time with their families as they take some time off---very well-deserved, I am sure! I don't always play every week, but I do enjoy all the creativity that flows from the hearts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, girls, for all your hard work and creative ideas! I'm sure I'll continue to use your archives. I don' t think I've ever posted ... Just not too computer savvy, BUT I have continually been inspired by your sketches and helpful tips. Thanks again and God' best of everything, always, to each of you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been more of a "stalker" than a participant, but I have really enjoyed all of the wonderful creations I've seen here. Thank you all for your hard work and enjoy your time off. Sometimes it's best to just step back and give yourself time for a break. I wish you all the best!

    (And Selene, your card is to DIE FOR!! GORGEOUS!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for all that you have provided to our stamping community! I send my customers here as a resource and use it myself often. I, too, have had events that mean I can't create as much as I have in the past but I always check in for the inspiration here. I wish you all a restful break! BTW, the cards this week are truly "wow" examples!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahhhhh! I am freaking out! I love you guys and you were my first... my first blog challenge and I've been back so many time since! I was even in the top five once! What an honor it was to earn that! I totally understand the need for time off, but I can't deny that it makes me a little sad... I'll miss you and all the inspiration you give to us all. Thanks for everything and I hope, hope, hope you'll be back.

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh no say it isn't so!
    I am going to be so sad that you guys will not be adding anything else for this blog. But I do understand. You will be missed. I am glad that the blog will still be here as I like to use it for inspiration from time to time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really love coming here each week and joining in, but I do understand that life is busy right now as I missed the last couple of weeks. So I will miss seeing your sketches, but I know it is best for you. I will look forward to your return and your refreshed challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you ladies for all of your hard work over the years providing us with weekly inspiration! We will miss seeing your sketch challenges each week as well as the new tutorials and color challenges but understand that at times a creative break is needed. We hope that all of you are able to spend more time with your families and loved ones and look forward to your possible return in the future :-) Thanks again for everything you have done to promote our craft within the paper crafting community- God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have enjoyed visiting here every week, and will miss you ladies!! I have continually been inspired and received many wonderful ideas. Here's hoping you will be back!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You girls rock! I have always appreciated your sharing, caring and talent! This was the first challenge site that I got brave enough to enter - and I will always be grateful for every supportive comment left on my efforts! Enjoy some well deserved time off!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for your amazing challenges and kind comments over the years! You were one of the first challenges I ever played and I admire all of you so much!
    Have a good rest...well deserved!
    Hugs,
    Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for all the wonderful challenges, I didn't get to do them all but when I did I enjoyed them, and your comments were always inspiring and generous. Thanks again, and I hope you will come back some time.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I would like to reiterate all that's been said above! Thank you for the great challenges, sketches and gorgeous samples for each one. Thanks for sharing unselfishly and being a wonderful resource to the stamping community. Your contribution has not gone unnoticed nor unappreciated, even if it has often been unspoken (shame on us!) Every one of us here has been at this point in our lives and we do understand and support you.
    Have a restful and re-energizing break and we'll be watching and hoping for your return.
    Huge thanks and blessings,
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you for all your amazing challenges, hard work, fabulous comments and everything you have done. You were the first team that I played along with when I first started my blog and I will never forget how generous you were with your inspiring comments. You really helped me grow as an artist over the years. Hugs to all of you
    Jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yes very informative post. It is really help full for us.
    Yüz Germe

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you for the time and skill you have shared so willingly with all of us! You are appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh My Goodness Ladies! I was so shocked to hear this news that you all are taking a break. I totally understand that need. I have just started really stamping again myself after an extended break. So I get it! But now for my selfish side of me hehe- Yikes, what's a gal to do for information???? You all have taught me a lot in the last few years even thought I was not a participant. Thank you for leaving your blog up as a resource, that is really very kind and generous and is much appreciated. From experience after a long absence it is really like getting back on the horse once you put a stamp and some ink back into your hands it's like the Joy of stamping never left. You will all me missed!. Thank You!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Except for following by Atom, I can't see how to follow your blog. Do you have a way to follow by e-mail? Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  19. Nice post, Thanks for your very useful Information, I will bookmark for next reference

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thank you for the time and skill you have shared so willingly with all of us! You are appreciated! www.setupabudhabibusiness.com/

    ReplyDelete